Antena 1 boosts its market share during Prime Time and Whole Day; Happy Channel doubles its market share during Prime Time and Whole Day compared to May 2015
In May, the thorough investigations led by Gazeta Sporturilor revealed disturbing issues about the Romanian healthcare system. In addition, the election campaign and the death of Hexi Pharma owner in suspicious conditions kept the viewers in front of the TV, most of them preferring Antena 3. Antena 1’s shows were extremely popular amongst Romanians; Happy Channel had amazing appreciations compared to the same month last year, as well as ZU TV, with the live transmission from Forza ZU event.
- Intact’s TV division had 6% market share appreciation during Prime Time, on the commercial target. On Urban All and National targets the appreciation is 4%. The main competitor, CME, is on a declining slope, dropping by 19% during Prime Time compared to May 2015.
- Intact’s TV channels lead in Morning and Day Time on the commercial target.
- Had market share appreciation on the urban population aged 18 to 49, both during Prime Time (17%) and Whole Day (8%) compared to May 2015, whilst the main competitor Pro TV is declining on both time slots. Antena 1 is market leader during Day Time and Morning.
- iUmor (comedy show, 406.000 viewers, on average), In Puii mei ( comedy show, 370.000 viewers, on average) and Chefi la cutite ( cooking show, 350.000 viewers, on average) were the most watched productions in May.
- A1.ro, the leader of the entertainment websites, featuring in top 10 all traffic websites had 4.543.937 unique users in May.
- Is leader on its niche during Whole Day and Prime Time, on the 18+ target. Compared to April 2016, Antena 3 showed appreciations on the commercial target ( 40% during Prime Time and 24% in Whole Day).
- Sinteza Zilei (349.000 viewers, on average), Adevaruri ascunse ( 254.000 viewers, on average) and Exces de putere ( 253.000 viewers, on average) were the most watched productions in May.
- Antena3.ro had in May 3.638.246 unique users.
- Star matinal e pe val ( magazine show), Star la mare fiţă ( magazine show) and Star Chef ( cooking show) were the most watched productions in May at Antena Stars.
- Shows significant market share growth compared to the same month last year. During Prime Time and Whole Day, Happy Channel doubled its market share, while during Morning, the channel boost by a record of 500%.
- Season 2 and 1 of Never let go (soap opera), followed by the Glades and Friends were the most watched productions in May.
- Appreciated its market share by 20% during Prime Time, compared to May 2015, on the 15-34 years old public. Forza ZU, Most Wanted and ZU Party Romanian Tour were the most watched productions in May.
In May 2016, almost ten million Romanians watched Intact’s productions during Whole Day and almost seven million during Prime-Time for at least one minute, on national level.
Intact Media Group thanks its public and partners for all their support and loyalty. Intact offers the ultimate content mix through its multichannel platform, for all age segments and consumer preferences.