Intact Media Group’s TV division market share up by 10% in 2014
In 2014, Intact Media Group’s TV channels showed significant audience appreciation, on monthly basis, on all time slots and on most important targets. Two of the five TV channels are amongst top 3 TV channels in Romania, and uniquelly for a media Group in Romania, Intact holds 3 positions in top 10 TV Channels. More than 10 million people watch daily, at a national level, for at least one minute, Intact Media Group’s TV division programs, each of the channels addressing a different target.
Ever since early 2000s, Antena 1 has been holding on to its mission to offer the public the most spectacular entertainment formats, both Romanian and international. The content’s evolution has been sustained, from one year to another, by an increasing number of TV viewers. Antena 1 concluded 2014 and started 2015 with an extraordinary performance – 35.5% market share for the New Years program “Revelionul Starurilor” on the commercial target. The golden minute was at 23:08, when approximately 5 million Romanians were watching Antena 1, at a national level. “La Hanul Mirelei” (variety show), broadcasted on New Year’s Eve as well, was also undisputable audience leader. Antena Stars, which was launched one year ago, is already in top 10 TV channels, according to the average market share on the commercial target. Antena 3 maintains its leadership amongst its news niche on the urban population, aged 18+. ZU TV is audience leader on key time slots on its niche (young audience), whilst Euforia TV has a loyal following on its niche (female audience).
2014 – Intact Media Group
- Intact Media Group’s TV channels’ audience figures increased on all time slots during 2014 on the commercial, All Urban and National targets, on all time slots, compared to the previous year.
- CME’s TV channels (the main competitor) audience figures are on a declining slope on each time slot, on all targets, compared to 2013.
- Intact Media Group’s TV channels are market leaders on five time slots on All Urban target ( compared with 2013 when it held leadership on four slots) and on five time slots on the National target ( in 2013, Intact Media Group’s TV channels were market leaders on two time slots).
- Antena 1 showed significant audience appreciation on most time slots on the commercial target. The biggest appreciation is during the Morning slot, where the market share is 15% higher compared to the previous year.
- Intact Media Group’s generalist channel is absolute market leader during Day Time on the commercial public. Antena 1 is also leader during Access on All Urban and National targets.
- “Revelionul Starurilor” (New Year”s Eve Program), “Poftiti pe la noi” (You’re welcome), “Next Star”, “X Factor”, “Tu cara me suena” and “Bachelorette ”are amongst the most watched TV Shows of the year top, hierarchy based on rating scores.
- Antena Stars’ audience figures are on an upward trend in 2014; during Morning and Daytime the growth percentage is over 100.
- Stars Dependence Concert was the most watched show of 2014, followed by “Vedetelion”, “Star Special”, “Răi da’ buni” or Agentul VIP.
- Intact Media Group’s channel for women indulged its viewers with some of the most appreciated TV Series worldwide, therefore its market share appreciated in 2014, on most time slots (Women, 18-49).
- Sex and the City, Private Practice, Dr. House, Prodanca si Reghe: Afaceri de familie” are amongst the most watched TV formats of 2014.
- Intact’s news television channel maintains its leadership amongst its niche on all time slots and has significant audience appreciation compared to 2013: +32% market share during Whole Day and +26% during Prime Time, compared to 2013.
- “Sinteza zilei”, “Punctul de întâlnire”, “În premieră”, “Subiectiv”, “Q & A”, “La ordinea zilei” or “În gura presei” are amongst the most watched programs of the year.
During 2014, Intact Media Group’s TV channels were watched for at least one minute by 10.450.000 Romanians, at a national level.
Intact Media Group TV Division
- In December, Intact Media Group’s TV channels grew their audience numbers on all time slots and important targets.
- Intact’s TV channels are absolute market leaders during Day Time, Access and Late Fringe.
- Intact’s TV channels hold the first position on four time slots on the commercial and National target and on five time slots on All Urban target.
- December witnessed the season finale of many Antena 1’s big programs: X Factor, Tu cara me suena, Hell’s Kitchen and Next Star had remarkable audience numbers.
- Antena 1 is absolute market leader during Day Time and Access. Moreover, Antena 1’s market share appreciated by 21 % in December on the commercial target, compared to the same month 2013. On the day time slot (16.00 – 19.00) the market share rose from 14.2% to 17.2%.
- At its first anniversary, celebrated in December 2014, Antena Stars maintains its positive evolution, with significant growth on all time slots. The biggest market share appreciation in December 2014 was during Access, compared to the same month last year : +91%.
- Stars Dependence Concert was the most popular show in December 2014, followed by “Vedetelion”, “Star Special”, “Răi da’ buni” or Agentul VIP. Stars Awards, where important celebrities from all fields were given awards, had important audience numbers.
- The television for women continues its unbeatable offer of TV series. “Downton Abbey – season 3”, “Dr. House – season 7”, The Bridge, Saving Hope, Ray Donovan and Dracula are just a part of Euforia’s offer for 2015.
- Intact’s news television channel consolidates its leadership amongst its niche on all time slots and has significant audience appreciation.
- “Sinteza zilei”, “Punctul de întâlnire”, “În premieră”, “Subiectiv”, “Q & A”, “La ordinea zilei” or “În gura presei” are amongst the most watched programs of the month.
Less than a year after its launch, ZU TV is audience leader in December, on its niche on four time slots, on the 15-34 target. ZU TV is leader during Whole Day, Prime Time, Morning and Late Fringe.
10.983.000 million Romanians watched for at least one minute Intact Media Group’s productions, at a national level, during Whole Day. In Prime- Time, the reach number of TV viewers was above 8 million.
For 2015, Intact’s TV Channels are working on new productions, based on highly successful international formats, but also local and in-house formats. Antena 1’s spring grid includes Temptation Island, I can do that, Poftiti pe la noi, (You are welcome), Tu cara me suena, Next Star, Hell’s Kitchen. Euforia TV will broadcast new TV series nominated for important international awards: besides Downton Abbey and the Bridge, the offer includes Saving Hope, Ray Donovan and Dracula. Antena Stars has also new shows scheduled for the spring grid.
According to recent studies in the field, television remains the first option for entertainment amongst the Romanians, over 80% of them saying that they cannot imagine what it would be like not to have a TV in the house. Also, the „Media Fact Book 2014” report shows that TV viewing time is 6 hours and 30 minutes, every day, at urban level (population over 18 years). The commercial target in Romania (urban, 18-49 years) has a high viewing time: 5 hours and 42 minutes.
Intact thanks its public and its partners for all support and appreciates their contribution in achieving these results.